In accordance with its 2016 Annual Work Plan and within the framework of Statistical Capacity Building (StatCaB) Programme, SESRIC organised the Training Course on ‘Agricultural Surveys' at Pakistan Bureau of Statistics (PBS) of Islamic Republic of Pakistan on 20-22 September 2016.
The Training Course was conducted by Mr. Kadarmanto, Chief of Food Crops Statistics Division at the BPS-Statistics Indonesia of Republic of Indonesia with the participation of relevant officials of ONS.
As defined in the Classification of Statistical Activities (CSA Rev. 1 - October 2009; http://goo.gl/olg3Tz); Agricultural– methodology and organization of agricultural surveys, including sampling, and international surveys with direct data collection from agriculture's.
The Training Course on 'Agricultural Surveys’ included discussion activities with a focus on the following topics:
• Conducting Agricultural Censuses and Surveys,
• Master Sampling Frame for Agricultural Surveys,
• Review of Basics of Sampling Methods: Probability Sampling, Sample Selection and Sample Design and Estimation,
• Sampling Methods for Crop Cutting Surveys,
• Sampling Methods for Horticulture Surveys,
• Sampling Methods for Livestock Surveys and
• Sampling Methods for the Fisheries and Aquaculture Surveys.