In accordance with its 2016 Annual Work Plan and within the framework of Statistical Capacity Building (StatCaB) Programme, SESRIC has organised the Training Course on ‘Government Finance, Fiscal and Public Sector Statistics’ at Department of Economic Planning and Development (JPKE) of Brunei Darussalam on 6-8 December 2016.
The Training Course was conducted by Mr. Wembri Suska, Chief of Regional Account and Analysis of BPS-Statistics of Republic of Indonesia, with the participation of relevant officials of the JPKE.
As defined in the Classification of Statistical Activities (CSA Rev. 1 - October 2009; http://goo.gl/olg3Tz); Government finance, fiscal and public sector statistics – covered statistics related to the government sector, including debt and deficit, revenue and expenditure, accounts of the government sector, central government, tax rates and revenues, tax and benefit systems, financing of state pension and other state social security schemes, and public sector employment.
The Training Course on ‘Government Finance, Fiscal and Public Sector Statistics’ included discussion activities with a focus on the following topics:
• Introduction to Government Finance Statistics (GFS)
• Institutional Units and Sectors
• Flows, Stocks and Accounting Rules
• Government Sector – Coverage Data and Rules
• Importance of Classification of Government Accounts
• Revenue and Expenditure
• Debt and Deficit
• Utilization of GFS in JPKE: Government Account in Brunei Darussalam’s GDP
• Accounts of the Government Sector
• Public Sector – Coverage and Data Sources
• Linkages between GFS and other
• Macroeconomic Statistics
• Towards GFS Compilation for Brunei Darussalam