In accordance with its 2018 Annual Work Plan and within the framework of Statistical Capacity Building (StatCaB) Programme, SESRIC organised the Statistics Course on ‘Income and Consumption Statistics’ at the Department of Statistics (DoS) of Malaysia on 20-22 March 2018.
The Statistics Course was conducted by Ms. Nur Budi HANDAYANI, Head of Poverty Statistics Section at the BPS-Statistics Indonesia, with the participation of 31 officials of the DoS of Malaysia.
As defined in the Classification of Statistical Activities (CSA Rev. 1 - October 2009; http://goo.gl/olg3Tz); Income and consumption covers statistics on household income and expenditures from household viewpoint (all types of income and expenditure), including topics like distribution of incomes, in-kind income, income transfers received and paid, income or expenditure-based measures of poverty, consumer protection, consumption patterns, consumer goods and durables, household wealth and debts.
The Statistics Course on ‘Income and Consumption Statistics’ included discussion activities with a focus on the following topics:
• Concept and Definition: Income and Consumption Data,
• UN Recommendation on Collecting Income and Consumption Data,
• Income and Consumption Survey,
• Quality Assurance Guidelines,
• Income and Consumption Statistics in the Context of the 2030 SDGs Agenda, and
• Data Analysis and Dissemination