In accordance with its 2018 Annual Work Plan and within the framework of Statistical Capacity Building (StatCaB) Programme, SESRIC will organise the Study Visit on ‘Metadata’ to Turkey for the benefit of the National Centre for Statistics and Information (NCSI) of Sultanate of Oman on 7-8 February 2018. The study visit will be hosted by the Turkish Statistical Institute (TurkStat) of Republic of Turkey.
The study visit will be facilitated by relevant department of TurkStat with the participation of two officials from the NCSI of Oman.
The Study Visit will include discussion activities with a focus on the following topics:
• Turkstat's Current Situation on Metadata
• Oman's Current Situation on Metadata
• Fundamentals of statistical business processes and implementation of GSBPM in TurkStat
• Turkstat Process Management System
• Metadata Basics and International Metadata Standards
• ESS Metadata (Quality Report) Structures (SIMS, ESMS, ESQRS)
• Metadata System Components
• Turkstat Metadata Studies: DDI and Harzemli Editor
• Workload analysis
• Cost Accounting in Turkish Statistical System
• International classifications used by TurkStat and their linkage
• Classification Server of TurkStat and Other Registries