In accordance with its 2018 Annual Work Plan and within the framework of Statistical Capacity Building (StatCaB) Programme, SESRIC will organise the Statistical Course on 'Data Analysis' at General Authority for Statistics (GASTAT) of Saudi Arabia on 28-30 January 2018.
The Statistical Course will be conducted by Mr. Mohamed Ragab Ramadan ELBAZ, Director of the Implementation Department at Central Agency of Public Mobilization and Statistics (CAPMAS) of Egypt with the participation of relevant officials of CBS of Sudan.
As defined in the Classification of Statistical Activities (CSA Rev. 1 - October 2009; http://goo.gl/olg3Tz); data analysis - includes methods of data analysis in official statistics for other purposes than editing/quality management, e.g. seasonal adjustment, methods for constructing composite indicators, identification of causal factors, extrapolation, scenario and model building etc.
The Statistical Course on 'Data Analysis' will include discussion activities with a focus on the following topics:
• Introduction to time series
• Identification of the properties of time series
• Semi average method in time series analysis
• The least squares method in time series analysis
• Use of the general trend forecasting model
• Use of the seasonal time series model to forecast
• Practical application to study social phenomena
• Practical application to study an economic phenomenon
• Preparation of a final report.