In accordance with its 2017 Annual Work Plan and within the framework of Statistical Capacity Building (StatCaB) Programme, SESRIC will organise the Study Visit on ‘Labour Statistics’ to Brunei Darussalam for the benefit of the General Authority for Statistics (GASTAT) on 23-24 January 2018. The study visit will be hosted by the Department of Economic Planning and Development (JPKE) of Brunei Darussalam.
As defined in the Classification of Statistical Activities (CSA Rev. 1 - October 2009; http://goo.gl/olg3Tz); Labour – covers statistics on labour force, labour market, employment and unemployment; the more detailed topics include economically active population, labour conditions, health and safety at work (accidents at work, occupational injuries and diseases, work-related health problems), working time and other working conditions, strikes and lockouts, job vacancies, and job creation.
The Study Visit will include discussion activities with a focus on the following topics:
• Overview of Brunei Darussalam’s Labour Force Statistics
• Programme of Regular Labour Force Surveys
• Implementation of the latest international standards (19th ICLS)
- Employment and Unemployment
- Time-related Underemployment and Potential Labour Force
- Informal Employment and Informal Sector
- Youth Out of Work, Education and Training
• Brunei Darussalam’s Key Indicators of the Labour Market (KILM)
• The use of administrative records on Labour Market Statistics
• Next Step towards Brunei Darussalam’s Labour Market Information System (LMIS)
• Visit to Manpower Planning and Policy Unit (MPPU)