In accordance with its 2017 Annual Work Plan and within the framework of Statistical Capacity Building (StatCaB) Programme, SESRIC will organise the Training Course on ‘Labour Statistics’ at Central Bureau of Statistics (CBS) of Republic of the Sudan on 14-16 January 2018.
The Training Course will be conducted by Mr. Sa’di Sameer Saade MASSRI, Director of Labour Force Survey, Head Of Work Conditions Division at Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics (PCBS) with the participation of relevant officials of CBS of Sudan.
As defined in the Classification of Statistical Activities (CSA Rev. 1 - October 2009; http://goo.gl/olg3Tz); labour statistics – covered statistics on labour force, labour market, employment and unemployment; the more detailed topics include economically active population, labour conditions, health and safety at work (accidents at work, occupational injuries and diseases, work-related health problems), working time and other working conditions, strikes and lockouts, job vacancies, job creation.
The Training Course on ‘Labour Statistics’ will include discussion activities with a focus on the following topics:
• Introduction to surveys carried out in Labour statistics and data sources
• Concepts and terminology of the Labour Force
• Presentation of the experience of Palestine in the implementation of the Labour Force Survey
• Labour Force indicators and methods of calculation
• Labour Force Survey Methodology
• Review of the Labour Force Survey
• Field operations
• Data processing and data cleaning
• Classifications used in the Labour Force Survey
• Use of tablets
• Updates to the Labour Force Survey according to the ICLS Conference
• Prepare and publish the report / press release.