In accordance with its 2016 Annual Work Plan and within the framework of Statistical Capacity Building (StatCaB) Programme, SESRIC organised the Training Course on 'Construction Statistics' at Central Bureau of Statistics (CBS) of Republic of the Sudan on 25-27 December 2017.
The Training Course was conducted by Ms. Aghadeer AL-NIDAWI, Director at Central Statistical Organization (CSO) of the Republic of Iraq, with the participation of 15 officials of CBS of Sudan.
As defined in the Classification of Statistical Activities (CSA Rev. 1 - October 2009; http://goo.gl/olg3Tz); construction statistics allow to assess the use and impact of specific industrial activities, e.g. steel, shipbuilding, and on construction, trade in specific products related to construction. The subject area “Construction Statistics’” is currently classified under the “Sectoral Statistics”, an activities category under the “Economic Statistics” domain.
The Training Course on 'Construction Statistics' included discussion activities with a focus on the following topics:
• Construction statistics and the overall concept of the sector
• Characteristics of the sector
• International classification of construction statistics and how to apply them
• Explanation of construction statistics in the private sector and methods of data collection
• The most important indicators for the public sector
• Statistics of the prices of construction materials
• Explanation of construction statistics in the public sector and methods of data collection