In accordance with its 2017 Annual Work Plan and within the framework of Statistical Capacity Building (StatCaB) Programme, SESRIC will organise the Training Course on ‘Geographic Information Systems (GIS)’ at the Institute of Statistics (INSTAT) of Republic of Albania on 19-21 December 2017.
The Training Course will be conducted by Ms. Mennatallah Anwar Ahmed Mohamed HASHIM, Geospatial Database Administrator and Developer at Central Agency for Public Mobilization and Statistics (CAPMAS) of Egypt, with the participation of relevant officials of the INSTAT of Albania.
As defined in the Classification of Statistical Activities (CSA Rev. 1 - October 2009; http://goo.gl/olg3Tz); ‘Geographic Information Systems (GIS)’ is classified under “Data sources” which deals with different methods of data collection from respondents and different forms of data sources at national level. It includes activities on electronic data reporting and Internet reporting which are not directly related to specific censuses or surveys.
The Training Course on ‘Geographic Information Systems (GIS)’ will include discussion activities with a focus on the following topics:
• Sharing GIS resources online
• Sharing Editable Layers (Operational Layers)
• Sharing BaseMap
• Preparing and Sharing data For ArcGIS collector
• Practical examples on collect, edit, and update using Collector with android devices
• Presentation on “How CAPMAS conducted Census 2017 Using GIS and Tablets”
• Creating named Users for each Surveyor
• Tracking where collectors go and tracking edits on the data