In accordance with its 2017 Annual Work Plan and within the framework of Statistical Capacity Building (StatCaB) Programme, SESRIC organised the Training Course on ‘Price Statistics’ at Agency on Statistics under President of the Republic of Tajikistan on 13 – 15 November 2017.
The Training Course was conducted by Mr. Elman GASIMZADE, Head of the Price Statistics Department of State Statistical Committee of the Republic of Azerbaijan, with the participation of relevant officials of the Agency on Statistics under President of the Republic of Tajikistan.
As defined in the Classification of Statistical Activities (CSA Rev. 1 - October 2009; http://goo.gl/olg3Tz); Metadata – includes any statistical activity dealing with prices, including Purchasing Power Parities (PPPs) and international comparisons of GDP, covers topics like Consumer Price Indices (CPI), inflation, Producer Price Indices (PPI), price indexes for specific products and services (e.g. Information and Communication Technology products).
The Training Course on ‘Price Statistics’ included discussion activities with a focus on the following topics:
• Price statistic’s indicators system,
• Application of scientific and technological innovations in the price statistic’s system,
• Data source for calculation of consumer and producer price indices,
• Formation of representative products list,
• Definition of geographical boundaries,
• Registration of products and services prices,
• Calculation of individual price indices and aggregate price indices, and
• Collection of primary data on imported and exported goods prices