In accordance with its 2017 Annual Work Plan and within the framework of Statistical Capacity Building (StatCaB) Programme, SESRIC will organise the Training Course on ‘Transport Statistics’ at State Statistical Committee (SSC) of the Republic of Azerbaijan on 03-05 October 2017.
The training course will be conducted by Mr. Erkan ERŞEN, Transport Statistics Group Leader at Turkish Statistical Institute (TurkStat) with the participation of relevant officials of the SSC of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
As defined in the Classification of Statistical Activities (CSA Rev. 1 - October 2009; http://goo.gl/olg3Tz); Transport – covers statistics on all modes of transport (air, rail, road, inland waterways, sea), includes topics like transport infrastructure, equipment, traffic flows, personal mobility, safety, energy consumption, transport enterprises, passengers and freight transport, transport sector trends, and road traffic accidents.
The Training Course will include discussion activities with a focus on the following topics:
• Presentation Of TurkStat Energy &Transport Statistics Unit: Organization, Statistical Coverage, Official Statistical Programme and Transport Statistics, International Cooperation (Eurostat, OECD,etc.)
• Road Motor Vehicle Statistics Data in Turkey: Police Database, Data Format, Data Coverage, Data Transmission to TurkStat and Eurostat
• TurkStat Road Motor Vehicle Statistics: Data compilation method, Database Format, Data Analysis, TurkStat Road Motor Vehicle Statistics Publications, Subscriptions and Special Data Requests
• European Comparison: Comparison of TurkStat Data with Eurostat and OECD, Comparison with Other European Countries and Organizations, International Collaboration with Eurostat and OECD
• Recommendations on Road Motor Vehicles: Experiences and suggestions
• Road Traffic Accident Statistics in Turkey: Police and Gendarmerie Database, TRAMER database, Data Format, Data Coverage, Data Transmission
• TurkStat Road Traffic Accident Statistics: Data compilation method, Database Format, Data Analysis, Data Transmission, 30 Days Follow-Up Statistics, Data Comparison With Eurostat, Publications
• Recommendations on Road Traffic Accident Statistics: Experiences and suggestions from TurkStat
• Road Traffic Volume Statistics in Turkey: General Directorate of Highways Database, Data Format, Data Coverage, Data Transmission
• TurkStat Road Traffic Volume Statistics: Data compilation method, Database Format, Data Analysis, Data Transmission, Data Comparison with Eurostat, Publications
• Recommendations on Road Traffic Volume Statistics: Experiences and suggestions