In accordance with its 2017 Annual Work Plan and within the framework of Statistical Capacity Building (StatCaB) Programme, SESRIC will organise the Training Course on ‘International Statistical Classifications’ at the Information and eGovernment Authority (IGA) of Kingdom of Bahrain on 11-12 September 2017.
The Training Course will be conducted by Mr. Nimer Hashem Nimer GHARBIA, Head of Industry and Energy Division, Department of Statistics (DoS) of Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, with the participation of relevant officials of the IGA.
As defined in the Classification of Statistical Activities (CSA Rev. 1 - October 2009; http://goo.gl/olg3Tz); Classifications covers activities related to developing, managing, maintaining and harmonizing economic, social and environmental classifications.
The Training Course on ‘International Statistical Classifications’ will include discussion activities with a focus on the following topics:
• International Classifications of Industrial Activities;
• Principles of Classifications;
• Relationships and Correlation with Other Classifications;
• New Concepts in Product Classifications: IP Product; and
• Review of Changes in Selected Areas in Product Classifications