In accordance with its 2017 Annual Work Plan and within the framework of Statistical Capacity Building (StatCaB) Programme, SESRIC will organise the Training Course on ‘Energy Statistics’ at the Central Bureau of Statistics (CBS) of Republic of the Sudan on 02-04 July 2017.
The Training Course will be conducted by Ms. Hagar ALI, Assistant Consultant for Economic Issues (Energy Statistics), Central Agency for Public Mobilization and Statistics (CAPMAS) of Arab republic of Egypt, with the participation of relevant officials of the CBS of Sudan.
As defined in the Classification of Statistical Activities (CSA Rev. 1 – October 2009; http://goo.gl/olg3Tz); energy statistics covers any statistical activity dealing with energy supply, energy use, energy balances, security of supply, energy markets, trade in energy, energy efficiency, renewable energy sources and government expenditure on energy.
The Training Course on ‘Energy Statistics’ will include discussion activities with a focus on the following topics:
• Definition of energy statistics and its importance
• International concepts and terminology related to energy statistics
• How to apply international classifications
• Definition of energy balance and its components
• Importance and objectives of the energy balance
• Equations for energy balance calculations
• Case Study I: Questionnaire on Electricity and Energy Statistics for the Annual Bulletin of Electricity and Energy of Egypt
• Case Study II: A comparative study of the energy balance of different countries