In accordance with its 2017 Annual Work Plan and within the framework of Statistical Capacity Building (StatCaB) Programme, SESRIC organised the Training Course on ‘International Trade Statistics’ at the BPS-Statistics Indonesia on 28 – 29 August 2017.
The Training Course was conducted by Mr. Mohd Ridauddin bin MASUD, Deputy Director of Balance of Payment Division, Department of Statistics (DoS) of Malaysia, with the participation of 50 officials of the BPS-Statistics Indonesia.
As defined in the Classification of Statistical Activities (CSA Rev. 1 - October 2009; http://goo.gl/olg3Tz); International trade includes topics like trade in goods and services, external positions and debt, foreign direct investment, foreign affiliated trade, tariffs, market access, foreign aid, development assistance, and resource flows to developing countries.
The Training Course on ‘International Trade Statistics’ included discussion activities with a focus on the following topics:
• Differences of Treatment/Recognition between Goods in Balance of Payments Statistics (BOP) and Merchandise in International Merchandise Trade Statistics (IMTS),
• Compilation of Manufacturing Services (MS) and Goods for Processing (GFP),
• Compilation of MS and GFP,
• Compilation of SITS: Concept, DoS Malaysia’s Practices and Issues & Challenges, and
• SITS by Mode of Supply (MOS).