In accordance with its 2017 Annual Work Plan and within the framework of Statistical Capacity Building (StatCaB) Programme, SESRIC will organise the Training Course on ‘Population and Housing Censuses; Registers of Population, Dwellings and Buildings’ at the Department of Economic Planning and Development (JPKE) of Brunei Darussalam on 22-24 August 2017.
The Training Course will be conducted by Ms. Mariet Tetty NURYETTY, Head of Subdirectorate of Health and Housing Statistics, BPS-Statistics Indonesia, with the participation of relevant officials of the JPKE.
As defined in the Classification of Statistical Activities (CSA Rev. 1 - October 2009; http://goo.gl/olg3Tz); Population and housing censuses; registers of population, dwellings and buildings cover methodology and organization of population and housing censuses, including register based censuses, development and maintenance of statistical registers of population, buildings and dwellings covering and following the whole resident population.
The Training Course on ‘Population and Housing Censuses; Registers of Population, Dwellings and Buildings’ will include discussion activities with a focus on the following topics:
• Introduction to Population and Housing Censuses,
• Overview of BPS’s Population and Housing Censuses’,
• Traditional Censuses: Challenge and Opportunity,
• Pre-conditions for Administrative/Register Based Census,
• Dataset Preparation,
• Creating the Registers,
• Data Validation and Processing,
• Managing Different Data Sources, and
• Changing from Traditional Census to Register Based Census – Brunei’s Case