In accordance with its 2017 Annual Work Plan and within the framework of Statistical Capacity Building (StatCaB) Programme, SESRIC organised the Study Visit on ‘Government Finance, Fiscal and Public Sector Statistics’ for the benefit of Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) on 1 – 3 August 2017. The Study Visit was hosted by the Turkish Statistical Institute.
The Study Visit was paid by Mrs. Audrey Abaho KEMIGISHA, Statistician, and Mr. Julius Kafureka NAMARA, Statistical Assistant, UBOS of Republic of Uganda.
As defined in the Classification of Statistical Activities (CSA Rev. 1 - October 2009; http://goo.gl/olg3Tz); Government finance, fiscal and public sector statistics covers all statistics related to the government sector, including debt and deficit, revenue and expenditure, accounts of the government sector, central government, tax rates and revenues, tax and benefit systems, financing of state pension and other state social security schemes, public sector employment.
The Study Visit on ‘Government Finance, Fiscal and Public Sector Statistics’ included discussion activities with a focus on the following topics:
• Introduction to GFS: General Framework,
• Defining General Government Sector,
• GFS Compilation Practices of Turkey,
• Compilation Practice of GFS Statistics According to GFSM 2014 by Ministry of Finance,
• Debt Statistics,
• Financial and Non-Financial Government Account,
• Excessive Deficit Procedure (EDP),
• Delineation of the Public Sector,
• Dissemination Practices for GFS Statistics, and
• Analysis of Turkish GFS figures