In accordance with its 2017 Annual Work Plan and within the framework of Statistical Capacity Building (StatCaB) Programme, SESRIC organised the Study Visit on ‘Banking, Insurance, and Financial Statistics’ for the benefit of BPS-Statistics Indonesia on 17 – 19 July 2017. The Study Visit was hosted by the Turkish Statistical Institute.
The Study Visit was paid by Mrs. Irma SUNDARI, Head of Section of Financial Institution Statistics, and Mrs. Hana DWI KRISTANTI, Staff at Subdirectorate of Capital and Foreign Account, BPS-Statistics Indonesia.
As defined in the Classification of Statistical Activities (CSA Rev. 1 - October 2009; http://goo.gl/olg3Tz); Banking, insurance, and financial statistics covers money, banking and financial market statistics, including financial accounts, money supply, interest rates, exchange rates, stock market indicators, securities, bank profitability, private sector insurance and pension fund statistics, and Financial Soundness Indicators.
The Study Visit on ‘Banking, Insurance, and Financial Statistics’ included discussion activities with a focus on the following topics:
• General Framework of Financial Sector,
• Financial Sector and National Accounts and Integrated Marco Economic Indicators,
• Business Registers and Financial Sector,
• Links between Private & Public Accounting System and National Accounts,
• Deposit-taking corporations except the central bank (S.122) and Other financial intermediaries, except insurance corporations and pension funds(S.125),
• Insurance Companies & Pension Funds(S.128&S.129), and
• Financial Intermediation Services Indirectly Measured (FISIM)