In accordance with its 2017 Annual Work Plan and within the framework of Statistical Capacity Building (StatCaB) Programme, SESRIC organised the Study Visit on ‘Agriculture Statistics’ for the benefit of the Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics (PCBS) on 14-17 August 2017. The Study Visit was hosted by the Turkish Statistical Institute (TurkStat).
The Study Visit was paid by Mr. Borhan M. ISSA, Head of Division of Animal Production Statistics, and Ms. Fidaa M. A. OBAID, Head of Services and Agricultural Accounts Division, PCBS of State of Palestine.
As defined in the Classification of Statistical Activities (CSA Rev. 1 - October 2009; http://goo.gl/olg3Tz); Agriculture – includes all agriculture related statistics, e.g. agricultural monetary statistics (agricultural economic accounts), agricultural structures (farm structure), trade in agricultural products, agricultural labour input, crop production, agricultural commodities, agro-industry statistics (including food production and safety), organic farming and organic food, government expenditure for agriculture, products source and use tables.
The Study Visit on ‘Agriculture Statistics’ included discussion activities with a focus on the following topics:
• Agricultural Statistics in TurkStat (General View)
• Agriculture Production Statistics in TurkStat (Crop Statistics and Livestock Statistics)
• Agricultural Price Statistics
• General Introduction to Economic Accounts for Agriculture (EAA)
• Introduction to ESA European System of Accounts
• EAA and Standard Nomenclature, Manual on the Economic Account for Agriculture
• Production Account
• Generation of Income Account
• Entrepreneurial Income Account
• Treatment of Subsidies and Taxes in EAA
• Agricultural Labor Input
• Capital Account
• Agricultural Income Indicators