In accordance with its 2015 Annual Work Plan, SESRIC organised the technical mission on ‘CPI Re-basing’ to the Central Statistics Organization (CSO) of Afghanistan on 13-19 June 2015, within the framework of the Statistical Capacity Building (StatCaB) Programme. The mission was conducted by Dr. Mohammadsadegh Alipour, Expert at the Statistical Centre of Iran.
The technical mission has been requested by the CSO of Afghanistan as it once to extend the coverage of Price statistics compression from at least 10 to 34 provinces. In line with this plan, the CSO wants to extend the survey coverage and re-base the CPI.
The technical mission on 'CPI Re-basing' focused on the following topics:
• Review of current level of collected data and reporting format;
• Identify the requirements for derivation of weight for 34 provinces based on NRVA survey 2011-12;
• Update CPI basket;
• Provide direct technical inputs on formulation of tables, and establish methodologies;
• Prepare schedule and terms of reference for next mission;
• Compilation of draft report;